Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 12, 2014; It's a Jungle Out Here



Pictures: we did a little hike today and there was a lizard that bit a stick and wouldn’t let go so we played with it for a while, a snake that I got a pic with. Ha-ha it was cool! We did this cool lion tour in a caged truck and the lions hopped on and ate some meat. One slobbered on me and the other lion licked my hand through the cage. Ha-ha it was really cool!


Hey it is so great to hear from you! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well and thanks for the little bits of news! I am doing so great! =) miss you guys a ton. Just like you, I can’t believe that another week has gone by.... but man it sounds like grandfather has just been busy with patriarchal blessings. That really is such a great opportunity that he has. I am thankful for grandfather and his example to me.
That is great that Adam is going to Nashville! I just told Elder J (he is from Tennessee) that my cousin is going there and he wants me to tell Adam that it’s the best place there is! ;) That is great for Adam and I am so excited for him! I wish him my best!

Q and A
1. The farthest place that we traveled to this week was Talca! It is the farthest major city to the south in the mission. There were a bunch of zone conferences this week so we kind of helped a little bit with that and also we had a couple contracts get signed this week for new houses so we are still busy with closing down older houses and opening the new ones up. It has been a lot of fun. This week we went to a house that hasn’t had missionaries in it for a couple of months and there was still food in the fridge.... well it was food... then it turned into a mold culturing box.... We had to clean it out and I did the majority of that. It was really gross but that is ok because it was nice to see the fridge clean again. The weeks are just passing by so fast. If I am not careful, five days will pass and I still haven’t written in my journal... I think this is kind of a glimpse of real life for me. I have different tasks than normal and to find the time to pray, study, read, think, etc., is a lot harder to do but it makes the worth a lot bigger it seems. I really recognize the difference between days when I take some time to say a few meaningful prayers, read scriptures and other church material to nurture my spirit, rather than a day when I say prayers almost as a repetition and/or don’t even read anything to learn. That is something I have thought a lot about this week is learning. If we pass a day without learning something that will help us grow in some way then that was a waste of a day... I am sad to say that I have had wasteful days but looking back it makes me want to have productive and exciting days for the rest of my life. 

2. I am driving a Kia van. I think that it is a 2003. It is an automatic, diesel burner and it gets on it pretty well if you have to get on it. But I drive smartly and safely. 
3. Wow... American restaurants... McDonald’s... that is all that I have seen here in Rancagua and I haven’t gone yet... sorry that was kind of a bummer answer to your question. 
4. I bear my testimony maybe once every two or three months. This last Sunday I didn’t but I don’t really have a schedule. Just when I feel like a should then I do it =) 
5. Since I have been in the office, I have not had the time or opportunity to contact or teach people (with exception on Sunday when we eat with members)... I want to get to the point where we are organized and efficient enough to be able and go out to the sector and work a little bit, work with the members to find some people. I set a goal (not on paper) to be part of a baptism process while I am here in the office. It will take a lot of work but I know we can do it and that the Lord will provide if we just work hard enough and try to make the time to do it. 
I have a couple questions:
In the next package could you send Advair. Sister Jett (the mission nurse) said it should come through. Just a thought, because I don’t feel like the asthma puff stuff down here really helps me much. 
I am sharing all of the food and candy that you guys sent me this last time! The other elders really like it. Oh that reminds me that this week the sisters from a nearby sector had to move into our apartment because a neighbor ran into the front of their house and broke the wall so now me and Elder O are living with the assistants and secretaries. It is fun but there isn’t a whole lot of space. We are sleeping on mattresses on the floor. This should go on for about two weeks while the house is being repaired. 
Another cool story... this last week on Sunday when we went to lunch I met a lady who was baptized by Brady Stewart my COUSIN! It was so cool to talk to her. I don’t remember her name but she was baptized in Coquimbo and her daughter’s name is Jennifer I think. But anyways tomorrow I will try and get a pic with her so that Brady can see it. What a small world huh?! I was so excited when I found that out!
I hope that you guys have a great week and that everything goes well! =) I miss you guys a ton and love you so much. Thanks for all you do for me and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with the greatest family ever!=) and I mean that! 
LOVE YOU GUYS! 

Love, 
Elder Tegan Hall 





No comments:

Post a Comment