Monday, July 28, 2014

July 19, 2014; Time doesn't wait



Dear family, 
How are you guys? I miss you all.
Hey thanks for sending the package. I am now in charge of picking up all the mail from the post office so I will get the package right away when it gets here =) thanks mom! So how is the ward doing? Have there been any big changes? I miss our ward. We are blessed with such great people in the ward. 
Q & A
1. This week we have been so busy still with cleaning up houses and giving them back to the owners. We helped 12 missionaries change houses and also gave a house back to its owner on Tuesday I think it was. That is another thing the days just turn into a blur and I can’t even remember what I did on which day... on Wednesday we stayed in the office and did some paper work and kind of got caught up and the things that we had to do. On Thursday we were able to go to a zone conference which was really good! =) I really enjoyed the messages that were shared. As a mission we want to focus more on the aspect of the family and sharing how the church helps unite families. So it was focused on that. I have still been driving (the car is a gran carnival Kia 2013 automatic). We bought a twelve pack of Pepsi to put in the back of the car in a cool Styrofoam box we found when we were cleaning out a house. Be grateful soda is so cheap in the states. It was $10 here for a twelve pack of cans.... what a joke!!! But it is nice to be able to pull out a cold Pepsi on a road trip =) Later on Thursday we dropped some paint off to Elder A so that he and his comp (he is training an elder from Peru) can paint their old house because they moved. It was so fun to see Elder A. I love that kid. I feel like he is a brother to me. Mom, I really want to go to Brazil sometime in the future. I did talk to Elder A and said that I probably won’t be going to carnival when I go to Brazil. He agreed. Ha-ha! Somewhere in the week we went and painted another house here close to Rancagua and got it ready to give back to the owner. Yesterday there was a conference for all of the trainers and the trainees. I saw a lot of elders and people that I know there. It was fun and today was just a relax p-day. We actually had to go clean a house for a little bit to get it ready but we just hung out, nothing too exciting. 
2. Living situation status: same. We are still sleeping on the floor but it sounds like the house that got crashed into will be good to go on Monday and we will have our other house back on Monday or Tuesday =) I am excited! Ha-ha but surprisingly it really isn’t a party. We are usually so tired that we get home and eat something small, drink some matte (the drink dad didn’t like) and then go to bed.  I love living with these guys. They are all such great people and I am thankful for their example. Thanks for always being concerned for me mom. I hope that you don’t worry too much about me. I am doing great!
3. The way we helped with zone conferences was we have to take food there or help clean up and take stuff back to the mission home. We were able to attend a zone conference this week. It was really good like I said before. 
4. I saw both Elder G and D this last week, also Elder A! He is training. I see so many people I know because I am just all over the place in terms of work and I have also gotten to know a lot of other missionaries! It is fun! I miss the MTC group. We had a good one. But it is cool to see how all of us have grown. 
So this is a thought I had today upon reflecting my week. Time doesn’t wait for us. It just keeps going. Sometimes we have to lose time in order to know how to take advantage of it. Every day we just have to try our best to do everything that we as God’s children need; spiritually and physically and mentally. He will bless us in our efforts we will succeed when in the right. I have learned this as I feel like time has been slipping away to study the scriptures, have more thoughtful and meaningful prayers and so on. I am thankful for the mercy of our Heavenly Father and that He is so quick to forgive as we submit ourselves to His will, which is repentance, a.k.a. change of heart. 

I love you guys so much and I hope that you all have a great week! Thanks for all that you do for me and I am so glad I am blessed with the best family ever!! =) Have a great week and tell everyone hi for me =) love you all!
Love, Elder Tegan Hall 

No comments:

Post a Comment