Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jan. 6, 2014



Hey mom it is so good to hear from you again. I just love reading your emails because it makes me feel really happy! That is cool that you got to see Ana on the TV! How big is this Pasadena pageant thing? Christina talked to me about it and I said it was really cool but I didn’t realize how big of a thing it was. I am doing really well and I feel a lot better today than I was feeling last week. I will get around to explaining more later so don’t worry.

Sounds like you guys all had a really good week and enjoyed all of the things you did! I am glad to hear that! I can’t believe the last time that I talked to you was last year! ;) haha 
Q & A
1. Our week was really good. It was kind of hard because the first two days I really had no idea of where we were but I noticed that Heavenly Father was blessing us with tender mercies the whole week. For example, we would be walking and then a lady would approach us and ask us to go to her house to teach her kids English (which also means we will share a gospel message too :)) Then one day we were outside the WHOLE day and it was miserable. I was just dead from doing contacts. No one would let us in and I was ready to say lets go to a member’s house or something but like 30 seconds after thinking that I saw a guy watering his plants and then the way he looked at us I just thought we need to contact him so we did and we taught him the restoration! It is exactly like the scripture from Ether 12:12. I love all the tender mercies God gives us day by day! Elder A is a stud. We have already found our teaching groove together and we take good turns teaching. We teach with the Spirit. We are friends. It has been a really good week and I really just want to thank you for the advice you gave me last week. That really really helped me out. Thanks for ALL that you do mom! Love you!
Felipe is legit. We gave him a baptism date for Febuary 1 and he was like, “Yeah, I am down for that.” And to tell you the truth when he accepted it I felt better than when I had my first kiss... hahahahaha not gonna lie! He went to church yesterday and he was telling us he wants the bishop to know when he is going to be baptized. He is progressing really well. He reads his commitment homework. I am pumped for him and his future!!!
2. I am becoming accustomed to my companion’s accent now but sometimes he will say words in Portuguese and I just say I didn’t understand you. But yes he speaks Portuguese and he went to the MTC for 6 weeks in Santiago. 
3. We still live alone and it is easy to maintain the house. I will send some pictures. We do have an oven with a door and a nice hot shower! =) 

4. New Year’s we had to be in the house at 7. So we got home at seven and we started to clean the house and we made a map of the sector. Later a sister brought us dinner at 9. It was tasty!!! We made a sign and took a picture which I will send and went to bed. The fireworks went off at twelve and it was a long show. Let’s just say I slept pretty poorly that night but it was still fun! The 1st of January was dead. No one was out! There was a drunk guy driving that stopped and talked to us in English. He was hilarious! But it scared me he was drunk. 
But that is it for now. I just want to thank you for having so much patience with me and always doing everything I need. Thanks for being so thoughtful! I love everything that you do for me. I love the stuff you sent me for Christmas because it all means so much to me and I love all of the food! It is handy! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I hope that you have a great week and that you have a spiritual experience that will all help you grow closer to our Savior! 
Love you guys!
Love always, 
Elder Teg Hall


PS I am eating mariscos (seafood) and that is a pic with Elder Ag. We did a division and it was great! In total I took 597845 steps in six weeks! Crazy! and I also broke the pedometer because it doesn’t count steps anymore. Ha-ha so much walking!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment