Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jan. 20, 2014; Burning a Tie!


Hey mom! It is so good to hear from you! I am hoping that everything up in Idaho is going great. It sounds like there isn’t that much snow which is good! I am glad that there haven’t been any complications with the snow!  

The weeks have been flying by! It is kind of crazy actually. I am blown away when it is time to plan for the week again and it feels like we just did it yesterday. That must mean that I am enjoying my time right? Time just keeps flying. I can’t believe that I did my senior project one year ago. Where in the world did that year go? Ha-ha I remember when Blake was helping me do my project and he was so attentive in hitting the new slide at the right time. What a great FRIEND!

1. Elder A is 19 years old and his b day is in June. He is from Belo Horizonte. He got baptized when he was 16 years old by the missionaries and so did his mom. He is a twin but his twin brother didn’t get baptized. Elder A is a great guy. His mom supports him and I am sure his bro does too. From what it sounds like he and his bro are the best of friends. Elder A had a friend who was serving in Idaho but went home. But I thought that was kind of cool! Ha-ha he has his mom who is divorced and his twin bro, and two other half-brothers.
2. Oh this last week with investigators was kind of slow... we have this guy named Maximiliano who said that he is going to read the Book of Mormon and when the Lord tells him he needs to go to church he will go but until then he doesn’t want to go... he is interesting. We will keep working with him because he has a good potential! We are working with the little brother of a recent convert. He is named Martin. He is a cool kid and is 13 years old. We have a hard time getting him to go to church because he likes being outside with his friends and skateboarding but he has been reading the things that we leave for him to read. So I will be happy when we can get him to go to church and get baptized. We are working with this old guy named Manuel who is 82. Felipe, we haven’t seen him for a week because he has been on vacation. We are going to try and visit him tonight but unfortunately we didn’t give him the blessing. I’ll give you more info on him next week! I don’t know if he is going to get baptized on the 1 of Feb. He is really concerned about paying tithing because we learned about the in principles of the gospel...I pray for him a lot! I hope we can continue with him. But we also want to have an FHE with him so he can get to know some of the members too!
3. Ok so on Tuesday Elder A had to go to Santiago with another elder and I did divisions. So we woke up really early so he could head up to Santiago and that was a bummer. On Wednesday, Elder A really did throw a water balloon and the singing lady and I did too... we didn’t hit her though. I think everybody from the apartments hates her. A person was yelling shut up at her the other day! Ha-ha it is funny! She was gone five days but was back this morning... :/  I came to the conclusion that drunk guys are about as common as dogs here. It is RIDICULOUS! Ha-ha. On Friday it was my six month anniversary! So I burned a tie! The worst part of the week is that I about died on Friday from the heat. It was cloudy and humid so I was sweating like an animal. At the end of the day I was seriously wet... :P But life here is good.  

 
So I always see the blessings of the Lord in my life. Here in Chile we haven’t had a lot of luck with baptism, or at least I haven’t. But I realize that baptisms don’t determine my success. When I do my best it is just fine for the Lord. Sometimes I get a little down because it doesn’t look like I am having success but then the Lord reminds me why I am here. i.e. we were contacting and we couldn’t get into any houses... it was frustrating. I was ready to say ya lets go to a different person where we know we can get in. But we kept contacting and got in the house of a guy named Ricardo. I just know that the Lord is real and He is so aware of our circumstances and is willing to bless us when we have proven our faith. I know that to be true! He blesses me daily with so many things! That is kind of the spiritual thought for the week I guess. But I love you guys! I miss you and I hope that you all have a wonderful week! =) I will talk to you all next week! Oh, by the way, I bought some hair clippers last week. They are SWEET! 
I thought of a couple more things I would like for my bday
      Two card games of phase 10, Elder A wants one because it doesn’t exist in Brazil

      Almond Joy
      Salt and Vinegar Pringles
      whatever else you think i would like because I love it all!!!!!  =) =) =) =) =) 
I got a letter today with the talk from Olivia in it! I loved it! She is growing up so much! I will let you know when I get a package! =) Mom I love you. Is there anything I can do for you? Just let me know! =) I will ttyl!

Love always, 
Elder Tegan Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment