Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dec. 16, 2013



I love the photos! Thanks so much for sending them to me =) it really makes my day... I won’t be able to send any photos today because we went to do service this morning and I didn’t bring my camera with me... I’m sorry! I also had a little paper that I wrote down the highlights of every day this week but I didn’t bring that one with me either.... so I am sorry if this email is a little bit lame! 
Oh I am so glad that you guys got my package! =) It arrived really fast actually. I was hoping that you would get it before Christmas and my wish came true! =) ha-ha sweet! I hope you like the things that I sent even though that it wasn’t much! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be out on a mission! =) I appreciate it so much! It is a huge blessing for me! 

I am so glad that you enjoyed your week it sounds like that you all had a great time with everything that happened and basketball was fun even though they got swept this week. Blake and I emailed some fun emails to each other back and forth last week and it made me smile. I miss him! He said he had a killer birthday and it sounds like you guys did too ;) Olivia what a funny girl! She is such a great little sister and such a great example to me!!!! =) thanks for giving me such a great little sis!! Wow we are going to have 17 missionaries out from our ward....?¡?¡ That is crazy!! So cool =) 

Q&A
1. So this week, we started off Monday after p-day with getting a new investigator named Mariano. He is cool but kind of weird. Later this week we have been talking with Sandra. Jorge is progressing well but I feel like we are missing out on feeling the spirit in lessons with him... we are just teaching.... that is a little bit how my companion rolls but it is ok because we have talked about it and we are going to try and fix it. This week honestly was really hard. We had 6 less actives lined up to go to church and one investigator.... none of them went yesterday. Only two recent converts... it was frustrating.
On Saturday we had mutual and cleaned the chairs of the chapel and then had a water war with the young men and it was a bunch of fun!!! Later we went and help the 2nd councilor of the branch paint his house. It was a fun and good day! We only found one investigator this week and we couldn’t find anyone new.... it was frustrating.... I follow being obedient but I am having a hard time seeing the blessings that come from the obedience, but I will keep pressing forward and doing what I am doing because the Lord works on his own time like Isaiah 55:8-9 says, I think. I know it is chapter 55. That is about it for this week. We did a service this morning and built a fence for a sister from the branch.
I found out about 45 minutes ago that there are special changes and I am changing sectors tomorrow to a place called Recreo, it is still here in Rancagua,  but a new area, new house, new companion, new ward... new everything.... I have no idea why. I would imagine because an old missionary is going home and I am filling his spot. We will see if I get another new companion in two weeks but I doubt it... we’ll see.  I don’t know if I am ready to leave the people here. I will go and say good-bye to them tomorrow. I will let you know next week how it goes but I have no idea how Skype is going to work out now.  I will get it figured out for next p-day... I am sorry. This is as big of a surprise for me as it is for you guys.

The best thing that happened this past week is.... my comp bought some ping pong paddles and a net and in the morning for our exercise we play ping pong on a tiny table! ;) No but really the coolest thing was the mutual I would say and also I had a personal study about the Atonement this last week because I was feeling... well, I guess not cut out for the mission and that I have been doing a lot of little things wrong... but I was able to feel the forgiveness of the Atonement and the comfort and love from my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.. It was really cool. If you don’t have it, you should buy the book Principles of the Gospel. It is GREAT!
2.  Yes we normally eat with members every day but there were a couple days this week that we had to buy our own lunch. The best thing that I had this week was from a member. The past Sunday he asked me what I wanted to eat because I am the oldest in the sector. I said chorillana. It was sooooo good! It is French fries with meat and cheese and mayo and ketchup and eggs over easy =) so tasty and SO artery clogging! hahahah That was on Saturday.
3. Yes I am still in the Young Men’s Presidency. 
Well that is about all that I can think of to tell you. I am sure that some interesting things will happen this next week and I will be sure to let you all know! =) I am sure that Heavenly Father is sending me difficulties so I can learn to be a better missionary and overcome my trials. There is a scripture in Alma 37:6-7 that talks about how the small things become big and how I always have the capacity to grow and be better and that goes for anybody!! 

I think that I am hard on myself too but that is who I am. I need to try and figure it all out, I try to... but when I read my patriarchal blessing and I think about all the love that I have from everyone I am able to press forward and keep my head up. 

I am nervous about Skyping too and I think I might cry so I apologize now... ;) Two years does seem like a lot but tomorrow I complete 5 months exactly in the mission. That is almost 1/4 of a mish! I miss you but it is ok because we are all going to be “together” in ten day and together in 19 months =) It isn’t too long. I love you guys and thanks for everything that you all do for me!!! I can’t express my gratitude!!!! I miss you guys like crazy! But we will talk soon... have a wonderful week and enjoy everything that you all do. Thanks for the pictures and everything. I love them!! Until next week, God speed the right!
Love Always, 
Elder Teg Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment