Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sept. 30, 2013




Dear Family and Friends,
The Lords work is spectacular right? and true or otherwise there wouldn’t be so many missionaries going out!!
haha snow!!! I hope that you enjoyed that! I am enjoying the spring time here in Rancagua. Every day it is probably 70 degrees but it gets cold at night. We have electric blankets though so I don’t ever get cold. How strange you are heading into winter! I am glad that Olivia and gpa went horse riding! Makes me happy to know that she is developing her relationship with grandpa! =) and send the Windmillers my love please! Wish them luck with their move and everything. It sounds like everything at home has been good and nothing too out of the ordinary! =) 
1. Well I should really start bringing my journal with me when I email cuz when I am on the spot I can’t think of anything to great! This last week was difficult because it was hard to have lessons with members and also we had a heck of a time getting into people’s houses when we first met them... but we did however, teach this girl named Romina and she has talked to the missionaries before and felt the spirit while reading the B of M and praying but she has a hard time believing the first vision. We talked to her about prophets and how the entire message of the restoration depends on the B of M. When she knows it is true she can know that everything else is true. She is very receptive and respectful and I also put a baptismal date for her for the 26 of Oct if she comes to know that the B of M is true! We pray for her! Also the family with Luis and Jasna and Francisca went to church again and they are progressing nicely! I think that eventually Jasna will be baptized and hopefully they will be sealed in the temple! =) and there is this kid named Jose who was baptized about 4 years ago and is inactive. We went to go visit him and his mom was there too. She isn’t a member but she has had a lot of turmoil in her life but she finds happiness in the gospel... her name is Lillian and I am almost positive she will be baptized in the near future! Also this week I believe we will be having a baptism for a 9 year old girl named Pilar. Her parents are recently reactivated in the church and we have been teaching her. It is different shifting from teaching adults to a child. haha and sometimes my Spanish feels so insufficient but Elder Arjona is a great help cuz he speaks Spanish and when I don’t understand he helps out.  The companionship has been good. We have made a lot of progress this week. Earlier on last week I just didn’t even want to look at him but now it is better. We had a good comp inventory yesterday and also over the week we had like mini inventories so we are doing better now and I actually enjoy being with him for the most part. I am pretty sure that I will be switching comps next week cuz he has four changes here in Baquedano which is 6 months so I will know on Saturday and next Monday will be my last day with him if he is changed. We shall see.
2. We didn’t have fast and testimony meeting this last Sunday. However I have fasted every Sunday I’ve been here other than one. but my first Sunday here I got up and introduced myself and also I bore a small testimony in not very good Spanish haha but the next Sunday after conference should be fast and testimony meeting!
3. I think that we will be going to the stake center to watch conference. I have heard it will be in English but I am not sure what I will be able to do yet. I hope I can watch it in English because I want to hear the actual voice of the prophets and apostles =) you will know next week
4. I have been taking pics and really we're only supposed to take pics on pday so I haven’t taken a ton but I will get better! We are going to take some today and I think also we are going to the supermarket called jumbo to get our food today and guess what they have? mt dew!!!!!! =) I hope that I can buy some =) I haven’t had one for almost three months! Can you believe it has been three months?? Fast, but slow, haha but I think once Christmas time comes the next 19 months will fly by. 
Well, that is it for the questions. I love you guys and I pray for you every night. Thank you for your support and everything you do for me =) thank you to everyone, family friends and everyone! I love you all and hope that life is going well! There is one scripture that I would like to share before I email others. It is in 3 Nephi chapter 21. It is really good and Jesus talks a lot about missionary work and it is really cool to think about and relate to the missionary work that is happening today! I hope you all read it as a family and also that family prayer is happening cuz our relationship with our HF is the most important we can have along with our relationship with JC and the HG! I love you guys and I will talk to you all next week =) 
With all of my love, 
Elder Tegan Hall

Sorry for no pics this week. The computers are kind of dumb. But I will send them to you next week. I’ve got to check out. Love you guys and tty next week =) love 
Elder Hall your son, bro, grandson and everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment