Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Oct. 4, 2014; Happy Conference Weekend!

Dear family, 
How are you guys?! Happy conference weekend! I have loved the two sessions that I have seen up until now. I can’t believe that I didn’t treasure the sessions before the mission. I took them for granted and I definitely feel bad for that but I have changed. I love being spiritually nurtured by the words from the servants of the Lord. I hope that you guys have been able to enjoy the sessions as much as I have. I am glad that you are able to be up at the cabin with Phips this weekend and enjoy the nature that God has given us. It sounds like it will be a good day. Send some pics of Yellowstone =)  
We had a family home evening with a family on Monday and I shared the jalapeño jelly with them and they loved it! We ate half of the jar. Could you send me the recipe? They want to try and make it. I am glad that life is going well and that you are all having a good time at home I miss you and all of the fun activities that you do! But soon I will be home to do them with you =) 
 Q & A 
1. This week we were pretty busy. We helped some missionaries move houses this week and we also closed a house. The lady who we had to close the house with was pretty upset because she said that the house was in poor condition and that when we started the rent it was perfect. All of the owners say the same thing but in the end it turned out fine. It has been interesting to see the reactions of many of the people with whom we have closed houses. Also on Thursday we had to go down to Constitucion. That was a long trip. We took down a bunk bed and killed some fleas that are in the missionaries’ house down there. We stopped at the beach for about 5 minutes to appreciate the ocean and the fresh air. I loved it. Later we went to Talca to take care of some things. That went fine and in total we drove about 10 hours that day. We were exhausted. Yesterday we went to a leadership meeting at president’s house and that was great. It is fun to be around all of the zone leaders and President and Sister Warne. They are all great people. We had to go up to Buin and take a fridge to some elders up there. We were able to give Elder A a ride (he is now a ZL) and that was fun. I talked to him which was fun. I really enjoyed the time that I had with him. Also in the next package whenever that comes could you send some axe hair gel please. It is the red kind. Also Mt. Dew is low-ish. I have been sharing. People love it down here and I think that a lot of Latins are hooked ;) ha-ha they do like it. And now we have watched conference today. It has been great and I have loved all of the sessions. The talk that has particularly stuck with me is Elder Packer’s talk. He testified of our Savior and I felt the spirit very strongly. 

2. We are all getting along well in house. Some clean more than other but there aren’t any quarrels. It is a good time. We enjoy living with each other and we all help build each other up. I love all of the five other office missionaries. =) Thankful for the chance to live with them.
3.  We watched conference at one of the stake centers here in Rancagua. There are two of them here in Rancagua. It is the same stake center I went to for the last conference =) and in English. I was able to watch the one native Spanish speaker in Spanish. It was easier for me to understand instead of the hassle of the back noise Spanish with the English translation. It was a fun session today with the foreign languages. =) 
4. Today I start my new Advair disk of 60 puffs so I will be good for two months, until the beginning of December =) almost skype time! Ha-ha how time flies. 
5. I have been pondering on it a lot about school and I have been debating between USU and BYU. I am leaning towards USU. Still not quite certain but that is almost my final decision.

I love you guys. I hope that you keep having a good time in Yellowstone. I love all that you do for me. I have been blessed with the greatest family on earth and also friends. The Lord has blessed me bountifully. I am so thankful to be a member of His church. I am not even close to perfect but I do have a firm testimony of our Savior and His redeeming sacrifice. I love Him and I strengthen myself every day to follow Him as He invites us to do so. I invite you all to do the same too! =) Love you dearly! Talk to you next week. 

Love always, 
Elder Teg Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment