Friday, June 20, 2014

June 14, 2014; In the mission office now!


So you might be wondering why I wrote you on Saturday in the evening. Well I will explain it to you but I will start with the week that I had this last week. 
Not a lot happened, I had been nervous for this week since last Sunday because I knew that the changes were coming up, but I kept working with Elder V to get work done. I also received a wonderful package from THE FAMILY =) and I had a bunch of stuff in there that I just absolutely loved! Some dew, tie pins, journal, book, and a bunch of food! And thank you for the note too. I am just so happy that I was able to get that from you guys! I was thinking that if you haven’t sent that other package I am craving some almond joys! =)
So it rained quite a lot this week and that kind of makes the work hard. Nobody wants to talk to us because they say it is cold, but there were a few people who talked to us. I didn’t have time to go and buy boots on Monday but on Thursday I did. They ended up being about 92 dollars (told you I wouldn’t go over 100! ;) ha-ha but they are good quality boots and they will last for the rest of the mission and after it too. We were on the way back home after buying boots and we receive a phone call and the caller ID says President Warne. I was wondering why he was calling us. I answered it and he told me that I am going to be the next commisary in the mission. or commissioner..... comisario in Spanish... ha-ha. But he told me that I had to be ready to go on Friday night because the two comisarios that are in now would pick me up and start training me. On Thursday I said goodbye to all of the people that are in Recreo and I also did that yesterday too. At night time the comisarios came by and picked me up. My new companion is from Ecuador and he is named Elder O. He is a really cool guy and I am excited to work with him, just a little nervous about what we will be doing. I just don’t want to get stressed out too much! ha-ha but I am excited. It will be a really good time and a great learning experience. I am glad that the Lord has trusted me with this great privilege. Today I had p-day. We went to the mountains and climbed up a cool river bed. I took some pictures and will get you some next week; I just don’t have my cable. I am in the office with Elder H (Idaho), Elder R (Guatemala), Elder M (Missouri), Elder J (Tennessee), and Elder O. It is a really fun group and I am happy with them! Pretty much the whole winter here I will be traveling around in a car taking care of stuff with the mission instead of walking in the rain. It will be a fun experience. This morning we had breakfast with the President and Sister Warne. They are great people. 



I am excited to hear from you SATURDAY because my p-days will be on Saturday until I leave the office. I hope that you have a great week and that you enjoy summa vacation! =) I love you so much and I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful family! Take care

Love always, 
Elder Tegan Hall 


I (Tegan's mom) copied the following from Tegan's mission presidents blog:
Two others are called Commissaries.  They handle all the management of all of the apartments that we have (which now total almost 90) including finding, renting, dealing with landlords, repairs, remodeling (in Chile when you rent an apartment or house it is usually in an "as-is" condition meaning any repairs like putting in hot water fall to the renter), distribution of printed materials, management of our storeroom of supplies and other duties. Listing the duties of the Secretaries and the Commissaries doesn´t seem to do justice to all that they do to support the mission because they do so much.  The Secretaries can be either Latin or American but the Commissaries are always Latin due to the need for native speaking skills to deal with the rental contracts which are, of course, all in Spanish.
In addition to their administrative duties, each companionship has a sector or area where they do normal proselyting in the evenings and on the weekends.  They all serve from four to six months in these positions and then leave to return and do normal missionary work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment