Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014; Birthday Cake and Mt. Dew!!!



Hey mom it is so good to hear from you! I was sure looking forward to emailing you this last week. I had a lot of time to think because Tuesday through Friday I was in the house... so I thought a lot... and meanwhile my companion left to go and work with the other two elders. I stayed in the house with a member... it was a pretty good time but the whole week I saw them progress so much with finding investigators and doing lessons and I just sat in the house so that was kind of frustrating.... but this week has passed. I am not sure if sitting in the house really helped my foot out a bunch but I just found out that the office got bicycles for me and my comp to ride now so my foot won’t be hurting as bad and I will be able to work! =) I am very excited for that!

Thanks for telling me about your week. I sure love to know what you guys do without me and that you are all able to manage without me living there! ;) Ha-ha! It sounds like grandfather is just a traveling machine!! I hope that he has a good time in Florida! I am sure happy that you could celebrate my birthday too! =) I hope that you all had a great time and a great Sunday yesterday despite all of the fighting toddlers in nursery! ;) Ha-ha 

Man, I sure do have such great family and friends! Everyone that tells me happy birthday! It just means so much to me and really I am so blessed to have such great people around me =) The Lord is way too nice to me, but I love the blessings that He gives me!

1. Ok so this week, I sat in the house like I told you. I was able to get to know Brother Silva more and that was pretty cool but I didn’t really like doing nothing in the house. On Friday, we had a family home evening activity in the church and that was kind of fun! They did a karaoke thing... but the missionaries couldn’t sing songs! Oh well... it was still a good time. On Saturday I was able to go out and work with Elder A. We stayed in the house for just a couple hours extra and then we went to teach the English classes. We invited people the whole darn week but we still only had one person show up. It was fairly frustrating because we tried a lot harder to make people show up, but I think we are still going to stick with the English classes. Afterwards, my companion and Elder G played soccer while I hung out on the sidelines and watched. It was a decent time. Saturday at twelve in the night, an alarm went off and my comp told me happy b-day! It was kind of funny the only bad thing is that I thought it was already the morning and time to wake up and work.... I thought the time went so darn fast! When I woke up on Sunday I felt normal... I didn’t feel any older at all! We went to church and had a good day there. Later we went to the house and planned for the week and during that time I made a cake that my awesome family sent me!! It turned out pretty darn well! The only bad thing is when I took it out of the pan, it came out in pieces! I put the pieces together and covered it with frosting so you couldn’t tell! I will send some pics. We went out and worked for a little bit and at like 9ish, we went to a less-active family, the Silva family, and they surprised me with all the missionaries from the ward! Ha-ha! Elder G threw confetti in my eyeball and my mouth so I choked and went blind but it was still fun! Later, the Silva family pulled out this huge cake and fed it to us! It was so delicious and so very thoughtful and kind of them! I really love those guys. They do so much for me and treat me like I am their own. They kind of remind me of Grandma and Grandpa Hall. After we went to our house, I passed numbers from the district, and then we went to eat the cake that you guys sent me =) The elders smashed my face in it and then Elder A thought he was funny and threw it at Elder G... ha-ha but he was able to rescue some of the cake from the ground and we ate it this morning. I was a little upset at first but it’s not a big deal. I just know that it is the thought that counts! Thanks for sending me all of that stuff because it really means so much! This has been such a great birthday! I loved it a bunch! Definitely different than last year but that’s ok because it is part of growing up. It was the best birthday I have had without my family! =) the only one too. Well, that is it for this week. Not a bunch of things happened. School started today for Chile so we have seen kids in their uniforms.

I mixed up some delicious Dew this morning and loved it! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND I AM THE LUCKIEST KID ON EARTH TO HAVE YOU GUYS! I really wish I could just explain my love for you guys but I hope that you already know I love you to the moon and back! =) 

I hope that you all have a great week and I am looking forward to a good week too. Things are still pretty hard but I am trying to just have a good attitude and keep my head up and look for the light in the darkness!

Have a great week and thank you ALL for the great birthday wishes!! =) 

Love always, 
Elder Tegan Hall 

pics next week sorry =(

No comments:

Post a Comment