Saturday, February 8, 2014

Feb. 3, 2014

Hey mom,
It is so good to hear from you! I am sure glad that you got reunited with dad and that everything there went smoothly! Sounds like a good week you guys had. I can’t believe that the super bowl already went by and that time just keeps rolling.

1. My comp is good. He reminds me a lot of Kreighton Wigen. hahaha. He loves to joke, he is always happy and he is witty too. He never lets anything get the best of him and sometimes he pushes his limits.... ha-ha but we are doing good. We have worked well together this last week like usual... um... investigators.... we discovered this week that Manuel lies to us about being able to do lessons because he just wants to watch a TV series and he doesn’t haven’t any desired to progress so we are going to quit visiting him. We have told him how it is straight up a few times but he just doesn’t get it through his thick old head! It frustrates me. Fiorella is at the beach so we didn’t get to visit her. We visited Maximiliano but it was only for a few minutes because he had to leave to a benefit thing he had with his motorcycle group. But he hasn’t read so we invited him to read again. We FINALLY visited Felipe yesterday with a member. Felipe told us he wants to believe and follow God but he just doesn’t want to be a part of religion. We explained to him about faith and how it leads to repentance and true repentance leads to the desire to be baptized. It was a good lesson but at the end he still said I don’t want to be a part of a religion.... so frustrating! We have an appointment with him on Thursday again. We searched a lot for new investigators and we found about five. Not many of them are looking like they have high potential according to their interest. We talked to a Jehovah’s Witness and he just tried teaching us about his religion so we listened to be nice and then we tried to teach and he didn’t give us the time of day! They are kind of crazy not going to lie. Ha-ha on Thursday we had some good stories. We did a contact and a chubby boy left his house. We said hey your dog is cool what is its name? He said Cholo. Then we asked for his name and if his parents were home. He said they weren’t home. Then his mom appeared in the door and he said I am alone with my mom! He was a liar! They then let their dog out afterwards, and this dog  Cholo ended up following us around for the rest of the day until we entered into our apartment! Ha-ha, it was funny! It was a nice dog! Then we were walking later and a lady asked if we could give her 100 pesos to call her boyfriend. We ended up walking to a pay phone with her and it was kind of far away. When we got close she asked me if I was going to give her the coin when we got there and I said I don’t know, just joking around and she flipped out and left hahaha it was kind of funny! I even told her I was joking... But whatever... that is a summary of the week

2. The interview with the mission president was really good. I get kind of nervous when I have interviews but it was good and I got some good advice. I have a lot of respect for our mission president. He is a really good guy. We just talked about obedience and what some of my goals are with the mission and all. I said I wanted to be obedient with exactness. It was a good interview. 

3. I have not even felt one earthquake while I have been here. I have talked to a lot of people who have felt one while I have been here too but I just haven’t felt one. Maybe I am just not as aware.... or maybe they make things up ;) 

4. We find out this Saturday what will happen with the changes. I am hoping that I will be able to stay here another change with Elder A. That is what I hope. That is also my prediction too. We will see! 

5. My feet still hurt but I have kind of been stretching them out and stuff like that. I just push through the pain and try not to think about it but I think those inserts will help!

I keep receiving letters from you every week with the letters of friends! Thanks for doing that for me! I love receiving them. I haven’t received a package yet. Man, yesterday was day number 200 in the mission.... can you believe that?! Time is going by really fast and it amazes me. But that is alright! It must mean that I am doing good at losing myself in the work. I read a talk by President Uchtdorf this week, The Point of Safe Return. In the mission, Satan has dragged me down to make me think that I am not good enough for this but I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ I can come out on top every time! In D & C 122:7-9 are really good scriptures and help me out when Satan is trying to make me feel like I am not good enough. That is kind of my spiritual thought for the week. It isn’t much but I just testify that through the Savior we can be made clean from our sins and we can continue with our heads up and our sins in the dust behind us. 

I love you guys so much and I thank you for all the support that you give me! I really love all of you so much more than I can say and I thank you all so much more than I can say!! I hope that you all have a great week and I keep you in my prayers always! =) until next week!

Love,
Elder Tegan Hall 

No comments:

Post a Comment