Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nov. 4, 2013


Hey everyone!!
I am pretty darn good. Sometimes I just feel like I am alone and doing this by myself with someone who doesn’t care much for me. It is tough but I just have to keep my chin up and remember my Savior. Sometimes I wonder if I am good enough for a mission. The standard is so high out here that sometimes I feel so incompetent, like I am not cut out for this and that Heavenly Father is, I don’t know, half pleased with what I am doing.... but I think he is happy with me when I try my best right even though if I didn’t do everything perfect?? This is definitely the hardest thing that I have ever done and sometimes I just want to give up.... call it good... take a nap... but I know that the Savior has suffered the pains I have too so with Him I can do it, even though it will be hard...

1. Ok the week was mediocre... we didn’t find one new investigator this whole week in our sector and the numbers for lessons with recent converts and less actives were ok... I feel like we lose time and people’s houses but this week is a new one with 7 new days to do something good! The worst part is we didn’t find any investigators in our sector but the best part was that we did find a new investigator (Me and elder Leyton) in Rengo when we did divisions. Elder Leyton told me lets go to that house. I saw dirt bikes in the back and I thought, “We are in!” =) The guy was outside and we started talking dirt bikes for a bit and how I rode when I was home and then we ended up teaching him the restoration of the gospel. It was a great lesson!!! All three of us felt the Spirit so strong and it was cool. Elder Leyton and I both have the same amount of time in the mission. Elder Leiva and I are doing pretty good. This change is already two thirds of the way over! Crazy... 
2. Halloween was just about like the USA but there weren’t as many pumpkins because they are expensive down here. But kids still trick and treated and Elder Leiva and I gave out pass along cards of the church to some kids! Ha-ha it was cool. The missionaries didn’t do anything special for the holiday.
3. My feet are getting better. I talked to Hermana Jett and she got some cream stuff for my feet and they are on the mend.  I think I have allergies in Chile too because I am waking up with a stuffed nose now and sneezy but I have some medication.
4. Last Monday I received three letters, one from you, Casey Carpenter, and Alan Sargent, and two packages, one from you with peanut butter and treats and from the Windmillers with jerky! =) I couldn’t be any more lucky than last p day! Ha-ha and Elder Leiva loves jerky so he is always asking for it but I don’t want to eat it all right away! Ha-ha but I do share.
5. The thing that I love about Chile is the food (except this last week we had some nasty seafood stuff like clam with poop and dirt) and then I love the people, especially the kind people who say hi back in the street and also when they let us in their house to teach and talk with them. I hate the dogs right now. They are always barking and it is hard to hear at times but I am accustomed to it. 

I love your emails and am so glad that you send them to me with everything in them. It is a stress reliever for me which, trust me, I need every week. I don’t have much more to say other than I am going to send some pictures your way of this week. I am going to try and start taking and sending more! And I will try that idea with the camera. By the way, we went paint balling for p-day today and it was a blast! Loved it and it was a killer-way to relieve stress!! ;) I love you guys so much and I miss you all extremely. Thanks for the letter you sent me this last week. It was dated Sept 4. I have read it a few times to help me get through some rough times. Thank you. I love you guys. I wish I could just give you all a hug and then return to work... I love the work but it is definitely hard! I will talk to you all next week. Love you so much more than I can say!
Love always, 
Elder Tegan Hall
Sorry for no photos. Next week. I am out of time! LOVE YOU ALL =)

No comments:

Post a Comment