Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov. 11, 2013


Elder Porter and I about to eat some lunch!
Me and my comp
Paintballing from last p-day!

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I appreciate it greatly! At times I feel that I am not good enough in the sight of God but then if I wasn’t good enough I would always have His help with me. But yes I read my patriarchal blessing but not as frequently as I should! I need to read it more and I will start doing that! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and my Savior too. And what more? My family!!! =) love you guys 
Thanks for the update on your week. I love hearing about it and that everything went well!! You guys are such a great example to me and I am so proud and thankful to call you my family!! =) love you guys
Q and A
1. The week was pretty good. I feel like that my companion is unmotivated and he feels like the zone leaders always put him down because he isn’t exactly obedient but he tries to be. When he gets put down, I get put down.... it is hard but I have prayed and fasted for the help of the Lord to help me out with this. During my fast on Saturday, my companion wanted to go to internet to work on the lists of people that we need to verify but I told him no because it wasn’t our assigned day. With inspiration and revelation from the Holy Ghost I was able to help us both figure it out and it went well. Thanks to the help of the Lord I was able to help us figure out our problem.
Last Monday when we were in the super market buying our food, we saw an old investigator. Turned out he wanted to talk to us and we put a visit in our schedules. We visited him the next day, David, and his wife. We talked about the restoration and he was really interested. He promised to go to church yesterday. We also made various visits to less actives this week and recent converts. But yesterday, only two people went to the church under our charge, a less active and a recent convert. That was a bummer. But it is all good because we are going to go to the houses of the people who didn’t come and lay down the law. ;-) We had interviews on Friday with the president and my interview went really well. I was able to talk about some of the difficulties I have had and President Warne was very helpful and gave some good advice, '' be an example through your obedience and service''. I have tried that the past few days and from what I can see it has helped. Yesterday we ate lunch with the Kohle family. It turns out that Brother Kohle was companions with Tyson Stewart!!! How cool! We took a photo and I will send it to you. But that is about it for the week besides that it flew by!
2. We find out our new companions and areas on Saturday. You will know next Monday!
3. My calling in the young men’s is alright. The Young Men’s president is pretty hard and closed to advice. We try to help him out with how we can get young men to the activities but he doesn’t listen. He just says that it is their fault and thanks to that, none of the young men want to go to mutual and even the church. We are trying to figure out a solution.
4. Ya, the house is pretty gross but it feels like home kind of... nothing like Idaho. But we have also done a lot of cleaning this past change and the house is a lot better than it was the first change. So that is a plus!

P.S. I received a packet with some pecan brittle on Friday!! And some other things too! Especially a card from my two favorite girls in the world! Love you guys thank you and I would say that I am definitely the most lucky of all the missionaries there is =) 

Thanks for all you words of advice from you and from other people. I am so glad that you are always trying to help me out! I love you guys so much! Over all, I love the mission and although sometimes I am kind of tempted, I could never go home until I have finished my service because this is what I want to do. I know that my Savior lives and thanks to him, I am happy!!! A happiness that will endure forever! Thank you for all of your examples, thoughts, prayers, and everything! Love you and ttyl!!!
All of my love, 
Elder Tegan Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment